- If a crime is in progress, or is imminent, DIAL 911
- You may report a crime in person at the Sheriff's Office at 414 Main Street in Wartburg.
- Contact the Sheriff's Department at (423) 346-6262.
- Submit a crime tip on this website by clicking here.
How do I report suspected child abuse?
- You may contact the Sheriff's Office at (423) 346-6262 or Dial 911.
- Contact the Department of Children's Services at (877) 237-0004.
How do I find job opportunities with the Sheriff's Department?
Check the Employment Info page on this website, or contact the Sheriff's Office at (423) 346-6262.
How do I get a copy of an accident report?
Accident reports may be obtained at the Sheriff's Office at 414 Main Street in Wartburg.
Where can I learn more about safety and preventing crimes?
Check the Safety Tips page on this website for helpful safety tips covering a broad range of situations and topics.
What do I need to do when calling 911?
- Remain calm!
- Speak clearly.
- Be prepared to give the address of the emergency you are reporting, and possibly directions to get there.
- Supply the 911 operator with as much information as you can.
- Follow the directions given by the 911 operator.
- Call 911 for non-emergencies!
- Hang up. If 911 receives a hang up call, they will attempt to call you back. If there is no answer, an officer will be dispatched to the location of the call.
- Ask for weather reports.
- Report power outages or other utility outages, unless it is an emergency.